VDR providers recognize the value of your personal data and value your trust, therefore, the protection of your personal data is the highest priority for us in the process of functioning of the service.
Keep Your Data Safe with VDR Providers
During the operation of the personal data, the leading VDR providers may collect and process the following types of data:
- Personal data is information or a set of information about you as an individual that can specifically identify you. This data includes, but is not limited to, your last name, first name and patronymic, phone number, photo, and the like.
- Cookies are short arrays of data generated by a web server and stored on the User’s computer or other devices.
- Technical information – information that enables the VDR service to function properly.
The virtual data room provider provides you with legal services within the service. Thus, access to your personal data, within the data provider, can be obtained by another user (lawyer, attorney, consultant), but only in the context of the legal services provided.
The legality of VDR providers involves the implementation of protective measures and the development of a security system for the organization’s personal data in accordance with the current legislation in the field of personal data protection, as well as other legislative acts on information security, using all permitted methods of detecting and suppressing offenses when working with personal data. The measures taken for the security of dataroom should not impede the access of law enforcement agencies in cases stipulated by law. All users of the organization’s information systems should be aware of the responsibility for offenses in the field of personal data processing
For these purposes, in practice, basic and additional criteria have been developed, upon the coincidence of which Internet resources and other operators operating in the market are recognized as “targeted” to the market and are obliged to comply with the requirements of the legislation. A systematic approach to building an information protection system in an organization involves taking into account all interrelated, interacting, and time-changing elements, conditions, and factors that are significant for understanding and solving the problem.
5 Tips on Protecting Your Personal Data
Take a look at what is vdr and 5 tips on how to protect personal data from leading VDR providers:
- Legality, fairness, transparency – personal data can be processed only if there is one of six legal grounds.
- The protection system should be built taking into account not only all known channels of penetration and unauthorized access to information but also taking into account the possibility of fundamentally new ways of implementing security threats.
- Data minimization – personal data can be processed only to the extent necessary to achieve the stated goal.
- Accuracy – data must be accurate and updated if necessary; irrelevant data should be deleted.
Besides, it is recommended to provide a mechanism for the implementation of user rights, including providing technical means (for example, placing an appropriate link on a website or in a mobile application) so that the consumer can prohibit the company from selling his personal data. At the same time, the consumer cannot be denied the provision of services or offered other conditions for their provision due to the fact that the consumer has exercised any rights, including being forbidden to sell his personal data.